Main Menu10 VPN User Tips
New Breed Censorship Circumvention Tools
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
Contermeasures for Electronic Device Searches
My War With the Great Firewall of China
Of Media Bubbles and Dictators
China Versus Universal Human Rights
Free VPN Server List
Free Public VPN Access: VPN Gate
VPN Gate provides free access to a large network of volunteer operated VPN servers. In a failed attempt to enforce censorship, certain countries have blocked direct access to the VPN Gate server directory. In response, this page provides links to the latest VPN Gate mirror sites. Direct downloads of VPN Gate's OpenVPN server files is also available here....
VPN Gate Mirror Sites
Shortly after going live, VPN Gate was blocked by Chinese, Iranian, and a few other governments. No problem! VPN Gate is available via mirror sites, which are regularly changed in order to evade blocking. Below is a regularly updated list of the mirrors. Use these to get fresh VPN server addresses as the older ones are blocked!Note: Mirrors Checked: 2020/04/06 10:58 UTC
VPN Gate L2TP/IPSEC Servers
VPN Gate's L2TP / IPSEC servers are listed below, and can enable connectivity if the more secure OpenVPN servers are blocked. These are operated in fewer numbers, but the small number of servers stay online for weeks at a time.Note: L2tp/IPsec Servers Checked: 2020/04/06 10:58 UTC
USERNAME: vpn, PASSWORD: vpn, IPSEC PRE-SHARED KEY: vpn
L2tp/IPsec Servers in the United States of America
L2tp/IPsec Servers in the Republic of Korea
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Australia
L2tp/IPsec Servers in the United Kingdom
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Japan
L2tp/IPsec Servers in France
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Singapore
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Iceland
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Italy
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Taiwan
VPN Gate OpenVPN Configs
VPN Gate OpenVPN servers are blocked by censors within minutes of going online. Therefore, we have stopped coverage of servers using the OpenVPN protocol. Coverage may resume if effective obfuscation methods are implemented by the developers of OpenVPN.
VPN Gate users in China should consider these hints to save time and connect more easily:
- Subscribe to the VPN Gate mirror emails. The main website is blocked, and email is a good way to get access to fresh server lists.
- OpenVPN servers, without protocol obfuscation, will be accessible for merely a minutes from within China. Until the developers implement effective obfuscation methods, forget about OpenVPN.
- L2TP/IPSec servers seem to last longer, but may possibly be compromised by the Chinese censors.
- Find working servers by pinging the server's IP address before trying to connect. If the server responds, it is accessible for VPN service.
- Be flexible and attempt to connect through different countries. Servers in the USA, Canada, Japan, and the United Kingdom are top targets for blocking. Results are best for servers in non-English speaking countries.
- Never ever quit. Never surrender to the Golden Shield Project; it will fail.
VPN Gate is a good system for circumventing internet censorship. It is evolving as censorship evolves, and really leaves no alternative to censoring countries except to disconnect from the global network. Beware, as China, North Korea, Iran, and Syria appear to be moving in that direction. That will be their loss as the rest of the world moves onward.
Tags:VPN Gate, VPN Gate Mirrors, Free VPN List, OpenVPN Servers, VPN Gate Servers